06 May Closets by Design Cares Essential Worker Closet Makeover Giveaway!
Essential workers have become our backbone during the outbreak – while most of us stay at home, they continue to go to work and potentially place themselves in danger. They’re the people working in hospitals and grocery stores, on farms and in meatpacking plants. Essential workers are keeping public transit, utilities, and the supply chain running.
To show how much their hard work means to us during this tough time, we have decided to give away a $5000 custom closet makeover (our biggest giveaway yet!) – but we need your help to find the deserving recipient.
“Essential workers are in our hospitals, our grocery stores, our senior centers, our neighborhoods, our families,” says Jerry Egner, CEO of Closets by Design. “We hope this custom closet giveaway can help show them how much they are appreciated and what they’re doing really matters.”
Here’s how it works. Go to the Closets by Design Essential Worker Closet Giveaway page and nominate an essential worker. Fill out all the boxes on the form and tell us in 500 words or less why you think this person is amazing and deserves this amazing prize.
The contest is open for residents ages 18 and up in the United States and Canada from now until May 31st.
Click here to visit the contest page and start your nomination.
Good luck and we can’t wait to meet the winner!
RULES OF CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. and Canadian RESIDENTS. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
(a) From May 9th, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. through May 31st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”), each person meeting the eligibility requirements (each an “Entrant”, collectively, the “Entrants”) will have the opportunity to nominate an essential worker to win a $5000 closet makeover in the Closets by Design Cares Essential Worker Closet Makeover Giveaway (the “Contest”) at https://woobox.com/v8u7dt (the “Web Site”) by completing the online form (the “Entry”).(b) Limit one (1) entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal U.S. and Canadian residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Closets by Design and Home Organizers and immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to win. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. You may not nominate yourself. You must nominate someone else.
4. GENERAL RELEASE: No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of the prize to a third party is permitted and noncash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. Winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize won. All other expenses related to the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
Closets by Design reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, the following reasons: infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Closets by Design.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Closets by Design shall have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the redemption, use or misuse of any prize. In the event of any dispute regarding the Contest rules, the decision of Closets by Design is final.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Entries will be collected from May 9, 2020 through May 31, 2020. Closets by Design will randomly choose, from amongst all Entries, the winning Entry whose Entrant was chosen (the “Winner”), subject to verification of eligibility. Winner will be notified via email.
7. PRIZES: The “Winner” will be awarded one (1) $5,000 Closet Makeover. Retail Value is $5,000.00.
In the event that the prize is rejected by a prizewinner, such prize will be awarded to another Entrant whose Entry will be chosen, from against all eligible Entries, at the discretion of Closets by Design.
If the winner decides to purchase a closet design worth more than the $5,000 prize amount, the winner is responsible for the additional costs which will be due at the time the project design is finalized and before an installation date in scheduled.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION/RELEASES: The prize must be claimed within three (3) business days of notification by signing and returning a publicity release or the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. By accepting the prize and signing the release, the Winner agrees to be interviewed as part of a promotional video and constitutes Winner’s permission for the Closets by Design and any of the Promotion Entities to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
9. JURISDICTION AND RELEASE BY PRIZE WINNER: The Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to promotions fully carried out within California.
Except where prohibited by law, the Winner, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release the Closets by Design from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity.
In the event any such claims are allowed, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ and/or experts’ fees; and Winner hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys’ fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the Winner to execute any document and Winners acknowledge that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by Closets by Design and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future.
The Winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document. By entering this Contest, you consent to the laws of California as the governing laws and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of California.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download or upload of any materials in the Contest. Entrants (and any minor Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Any information you submit is subject to the Drawing Parties’ privacy policies available at https://www.closetsbydesign.com/privacy-policy